• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

RIP Robin Williams

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I hate to be the one who posts this, so I'll just leave it with a link and respectful RIP. Robin Williams was arguably one of the funniest guys to entertain in my lifetime.

Robin Williams dead - CNN.com

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Heard about this about an hour ago on the news. You're right, one of the funniest people of my lifetime.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Very sad . . . it unfortunately seems that the great comedians of recent years die far too young.

Peter Sellers
John Belushi
Robin Williams

to name just a few

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
When I heard about it on the news today it brought tears to my eyes. Several years ago the wife and I had the opportunity to see him perform on stage. He was two solid hours of gut splitting comedy. He was a talented man and brought much joy and laughter to this world. He will be greatly missed:(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What a talent he was and what a loss. Very sad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
 iMac, iPad Mini, MBP, Air
Very tragic. He was a really funny guy, but, very depressed. That's so sad. :(
I hope his soul is at rest now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mbp 13" Retina , i5 Haswell , Intel Iris , 8gb Ram , 256 Ssd , OS X 10.9.3
Robin Williams was an incredibly talented man. Its so sad that someone who brought so much joy to so many people was equally troubled so much in his personal life.
As they say suicide is a permanent solution to a temperary problem. Robin will be truly missed by millions of his fans
Rest in peace

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.