15" PB arrives tomorrow :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
My mother told me last week that she would really like to purchase her own laptop. This seemed like a great chance to introduce her to Apple, so I went over the available models with her. She decided she liked the larger/nicer screen of the PowerBook and MacBook Pro, so we ruled out the iBook. I felt that the PowerBook would be a great choice, because it meets her needs perfectly (overkill really) and for various reasons, we weren't really sold on the MacBook Pro just yet (though cost was not a factor). The Apple site had a terrific deal on refurbished 15" PB's, so we ordered one on Sunday, and it should be arriving tomorrow. I'm quite excited, and I think she's going to love it. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
Nice, it's always a good thing when you introduce a family member to the joys of apple. Hope she enjoys it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Mace said:
Nice, it's always a good thing when you introduce a family member to the joys of apple. Hope she enjoys it.
True that. When I got my PowerBook for college, my parents were skeptical, but they're both really into the idea of Macs now and my mom has decided she wants her next computer to be an iMac, while my dad is really into the Power Mac (he feels more comfortable with the computer being in a tower he can always expand, while my mom simply loves the design of the iMac).

OP
Padawan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
The PB arrived today on schedule, and it's great. With the exception of a very slight bend in the bezel around the latch release, it looks absolutely brand new. It also included a pleasant surprise. I opened the System Profiler to make sure everything was as stated on the website, and I discovered that this machine has 1GB of memory installed (it was only supposed to include 512MB). Overall, we're very happy with our new PB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
very happy you are happy with your powerbook as powerbooks (as you can tell by my user name) are my favorite computer. I have the bend in the bezel around my latch and don' know how that occurs but obviously not a thing that only my computer has. It probably was amazing to find out that there was a gig of ram in it instead of just 512.. that is probably the same feeling as finding money in a pocket of pants you have not worn in a while ;).. good luck with your mothers new system. I hope she enjoys it.

M

mactopsuit

Congratulations, you prolly saved a bunch for that refurb model! I hope your mum will love it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.