iMac 27" 2011 fried screen power connector on logic board

Reaction score
Installed SSD and new HD the other night, turned it on, did the chime thing but nothing on screen. Made a little pop sound.

New I had fried something, opened it up and the part where the LCD power connector on the logic board seems as though the fuse has blown infront of it.. I realised I had the cable in the wrong way and it must have created a short.

Not sure to get a new logic board or have it repaired... don't want to use an external monitor.

Can upload a photo of it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Not sure to get a new logic board or have it repaired... don't want to use an external monitor.

Generally speaking logic boards are very difficult to repair…and replacement logic boards can be expensive. It all comes down to costs.

- Can you find someone who guarantees that they can repair it at a reasonable cost.
- What will a replacement logic board cost you.

Compare these two options…then make a choice. Also realize that the cost of a replacement logic board can be so great…that it may not even be worth it. But on a 2011 27" iMac…it still may be worth it.

- Nick

Reaction score
Sorry for bringing this old thread up, but exactly what you describe just happened me.

Untitled-1.png

Do anyone know what fuse it is?

(As you can see the connector has broken a little bit as well, but worked before the fuse poped).

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.