Safari 6.1.5 web page loading issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 iMac 27" Intel i5 Processor, 16Gb RAM, 10TB HD (9TB External) , 2 x iPhone 5, 2 x iPad Retina
Hi,

I am on Safari 6.1.5 on my iMac and for some reason popular sites I visit such as Facebook, sky news etc load without images in the case of Sky news (not all of them) or in the case of Facebook loads weird without graphics (just horrible text down the left side of the screen). Most other sites I visit seem to load fast and easy without issue?
Also if I re-boot the Mac the pages load fine to start with then the problem returns?

I have reset Safari but it did not fix it, any help appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Any reason why you're not on Safari 7.0.5?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Try disabling any or all Safari extensions, restart Safari and try again.

You may also want to try shutting down and boot up into Safe Boot Mode if that didn't work, and see if things improve.

OP
welshred
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 iMac 27" Intel i5 Processor, 16Gb RAM, 10TB HD (9TB External) , 2 x iPhone 5, 2 x iPad Retina
@ ncikyr

I have not been notified on my Mac to a Safari update, the only update available to me is to update to Mavericks from 10.8.5

I had Mavericks on my older Mac i've not long replaced and did not like Mavericks on it.

@ pm-r

The only Safari extension I can see installed is Ad-Block but it's been working fine with this up until very recently so my gut feeling is it is not to blame for this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.