ibook G4, replaced DC-in board, now HD not detected.

T

tidel

Hey all,

I have an ibook G4 12".
I had to replace my DC-in board, and after I did, the screen just displayed a folder icon in the center flashing that mac face logo and a question mark. I tried installing Mac OSX again, and there was no hard drive destination to install it to.
I know I performed the replacement perfectly and damaged absolulely nothing. Could there be something wrong with the placement of the bottom shield?

thanks in advance.

take care. - tidel.

OP
T

tidel

oh snap, oh snap!

tidel said:
Hey all,

I have an ibook G4 12".
I had to replace my DC-in board, and after I did, the screen just displayed a folder icon in the center flashing that mac face logo and a question mark. I tried installing Mac OSX again, and there was no hard drive destination to install it to.
I know I performed the replacement perfectly and damaged absolulely nothing. Could there be something wrong with the placement of the bottom shield?

thanks in advance.

take care. - tidel.

Amzing! I smashed the laptop against the wall a few times and it started working!

OH SNAP! OH SNAP!

alright really...I opened it up again, and noticed that I never snapped the Harddrive IDE ribbon cable back on.

and thus a working, charging, sleeping laptop...

yay! and now I live in constant technical euphoria.

take care all. thanks for looking. -tidel.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.