Where is the other Library folder

Reaction score
I'm trying to fix some issues with OSX 10.5.8 for PPC and they say to put this or that file in the Library folder that isn't in my Home directory. Anyone know where that is? I can't seem to find it.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
What files are you being asked to put int he Library? Been a while since I was on 10.5.8 but isn't there a Library folder at the root level of the hard drive.

Reaction score
There are three. One in your user folder. One at the root of the drive and one in the System folder.
Be very sure exactly where you put this file.

OP
J
Reaction score
I'm trying to fix the discontinued Flash player. Here are the instructions. How would I get to this Library folder?

1. Create a new folder on your desktop, name it OLD FLASH (or anything else).

2. QUIT SAFARI, or what ever browser you are using.

3. Open your internet plug ins folder, located in the root of your directory at
~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins, (not the user directory with your name)

4. Move the OLD plug-in called "Flash Player.plugin" out TO the folder you created
earlier, for safe keeping.

5. Move the NEW plug-in you downloaded INTO the Internet Plug-Ins folder.
Note: You may need to restart the computer. But you may not have to. You may
also have to reset Safari, but test it before you reset.

6. Launch Safari and test the videos that did not work before. It should work now!

Reaction score
It's telling you to look in your user/Library. Unfortunately Flash isn't there. It's in harddrive/Library/Internet Plug-ins/
It uses ~ which means your user directory but then says "not the user directory with your name". Confusing what?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Yeah, it is. So I can find this file in the HDD icon on the Desktop?
Yes. Open it, go to Library > Internet Plug-Ins. You will have to enter your password to move the new plugin into the directory.

You can ignore that recommendation to reset your browser or restart your computer. Simply quit your browser and re-open it to reload the plugin.

C

chas_m

I would NOT put a machine on 10.5.x on the Internet anymore, **particularly** using Flash or Java. WAY too many security issues now. You are begging for trouble there, my friend.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.