ISP Mail account

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPad & iPhone
Having cleaned up my old iMac for disposal I am now left with my Mail account with my ISP. I have cut off the computer from iCloud. My question is, if I cut off my Mail account with my ISP on the old iMac will it also cut off my Mail account with my ISP on the new iMac, which is up and running? Or will I still have the Mail account with my ISP?

All responses would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Let's pretend your hard drive failed and you bought a new iMac.

I'd be more concerned that you didn't wipe the HD on the old iMac before disposal.

M

MacInWin

I don't know what "cut off my Mail account" means, but if you simply delete the mail information from the old iMac, that won't affect the new one, or your relationship with the ISP provider.

However, as MacsWork implied, a better way to prepare your old iMac for disposal is to wipe the hard drive and reinstall OSX clean. If you have install disks, use them to do that. If you have a Recovery Partition, boot from there, format the main partition and reinstall OSX on the clean partition.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, MacBook, iPad & iPhone
Please excuse the lack of the correct terminology. What I meant by "cut off my mail account" to delete my mail account with my ISP. After erasing my HD I found I was still receiving emails which I didn't want a future owner of the old iMac to receive. I followed your instruction MacInWin and all is fine now. many thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.