IPad mini reading list problems

Reaction score
This is a new post about an old problem because the old post dried up without solving this problem : My iPad mini won't allow some reading list pages to be read offline. Does anyone else have this problem? The following don't work for me :

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23770861

http://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/quick-tip-how-to-use-safaris-reading-list--mac-47349

Somebody please save these pages and see if they can be read offline on an IPAD mini not a Retina mini, not an iPhone, not an iPod touch and not a Mac. I must be specific because I don't think it is a problem on iPhones or Macs and definitely not on Windows computers.
I would be grateful for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Tried both and both work fine.

Which version of iOS do you have?
What, exactly, doesn't work for you?
What have you tried so far?

OP
S
Reaction score
I have iOS 7.1.2. I save some pages to the Reading List for instance the two examples above and the can't be opened/read offline . I get the message " Not available for offline reading ". But these same files I ca open with my Windows netbook and a girl in the Applestore opened one of them ok offline with her iPhone so I ' m thinking that either I have a dud mini or it's an idiosyncrasy of minis that presumably aren't as sophisticated as retina devices like your Air perhaps Retina minis and it seems iPhones as well. I don't know what else to think. If somebody with an ordinary mini could try the examples it might narrow it down.
What do you mean what have I tried so far? As far as operating systems go I had the one before I upgraded to the one I have presently whatever that was as I don't' remember . It was the one that came with this mini bought new a few weeks ago.
If you mean what sites I have tried there are many whose pages I can read offline but some like the above cannot be. Some give the "Not available....." message at first but settle down or something and can be read after all. But some cannot be. I tried one of the above examples just now and nothing. Just checked it and still nothing.
I don't know what else to say.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You said you'd had another thread. Didn't want to go over what you'd done before.

I'd start easy, clear the safari cache close all apps, hard restart (hold home and sleep til it reboots)

If you get no result from that then backup, restore and try again

OP
S
Reaction score
I took it into the Apple Store and they reset it. At least I think that's what she did. No need to restore. Hope I got that said right . Anyway it works now. Thanx.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.