Is my network setup right?

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Newbie here so please pardon my ignorance...

I wanted to get your input on my home network setup. I recently bought a 3Tb Time Capsule to I guess be the center of my home network. It's currently hooked up to my Brother 2140 Printer through a USB and hardwired to my cable.

Devices that I use in the house include:
- 1 iPad 2
- 2 iPhone 4S
- 1 samsung galaxy tab
- 1 iMac
- laptop PC
- 1 Roku 3
- 1 PS3

Let me say that everything does works. All devices have internet access. However, I don't feel like I'm completed connected or integrated. When I look at AirPort Utility network map I only see "Internet" and "Time Capsule" connected. Shouldn't I see the other devices somewhere on this map?

Current expectations include:
- print from any device listed above (at the present time, I can only print wireless from the iMac)
- share files
- stream movies from any of these devices

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
you won't see other devices on the airport utility "network map".

to view the devices connected to your TC just click on it and you'll get a mix of device names and IP addresses.

i had a bit of a job enabling wireless printing from my daughter's windows laptop but found the solution here:

Windows Printing For Apple AirPort Extreme without Bonjour Wireless wifi - YouTube

I haven't set up file sharing so can't help there I'm afraid sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.