folder extraction

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 3 iphone 5s, macbook air, ipad mini, ipad 2
hi,
i have my entire itunes library stored on a usb stick which i plug into my new car. however, the car can only seem to read through one folder, this meaning rather than pick up every individual song it will select one artist folder and only play the songs from there. i want to be able to move every individual song from the separate artist folders and into one big folder, but don't know how to do it without going through each folder manually, which it going to take quite some time :/
i hope i have explained this well enough for people to understand!
any help would be appreciated

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What file format is your car stereo able to read from? The reason I ask is that most car audio and stereo equipment that can read from a flash drive can only accept the FAT file format. If that's true of your car's audio equipment, then you will probably be unable to load your entire library into one folder due to the limitations of the FAT file system.

Reaction score
If your stereo is like mine it cant read subfolders. Put your music all in one main folder without subfolders.
You wont be able to use iTunes folder hierarchy, you will need to drag and drop your tunes to the USB.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15", 3 iphone 5s, macbook air, ipad mini, ipad 2
thanks guys :)
chscag, i have no idea which file formats it can read :/ so im stuck on that one.
looks like i will have to go for the option i feared, dragging and dropping :( going to be a long night for me!
thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.