Ive just replaced iPad front glass, now the LCD doesn't work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5 2011, 2.8 i7, 16Gb, 10.10
Good morning, My name is Els and i am new to Mac Forums. I am in desperate need of some assistance with my iPad and i hope someone here may be able to help.

I have recently replaced the front glass on my iPad 2 but since doing that i my LCD has stopped working. I left the iPad for a day or two and tested again and when i plugged it in to a power source i noticed the 'battery charging' indicator display on screen indicating there was not enough charge to power it on. I thought my issue had resolved itself but when the device finally powered on the LCD was still black. I know the device is on as when i plug the power back in i get the audible notification that it is charging but still nothing on the screen.

Any help form anyone as to what i have damaged would be very much appreciated.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Go to ifixit.com…check out their procedure for the part you replaced…and see if you missed any steps:

www.ifixit.com

- Nick

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply. The ifixit guide was the one i was working from in the first place, i have been over it a couple of times and haven't managed to solve it. I have even replaced the LCD (this was before i noticed the charge logo) and got nothing. I fear i have somehow damaged the logic board for it to behave in this way.

Oh dear.

Thanks again.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Are all the connectors plugged back in? Which iPad is this? I hope you did not KINK one of the very delicate cables from the display and digitizer to the board.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is an iPad 2 A1395 EMC2415

I have just gone though and checked the cables/connectors and can't see any damage. Might try getting a replacement LCD connector cable as a thing to check before committing to a replacement logic board.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.