[Q] Too sharp screen on monitor

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm using my mid-2012 Macbook Pro 15" non-Retina as my daily driver, and I have connected it to my new AOC Q9263PM 21:9-screen through HDMI, which was a task in itself. What I have been facing lately, is that the screen looks over-sharpened in OSX, which is a little bit annoying. The weird thing here is that the screen looks perfect in Windows on the same computer through the same input. So this is a software-"problem".

I have tried to calibrate the colors, and it helped a bit, but I can still see that it's over-sharpened. The easiest thing to see is that all lines on my wallpaper is too highlighted, and text and round icons is a bit grainy and pixelated compared to the same objects in Windows.

I've tried with the LCD Font Smoothing-option both enabled and disabled, but it won't help at all. On the MBP's screen, the image looks great and I cannot see this problem, so it's something related to the connection between my Mac and my monitor. Has someone came across this situation before, and know a way to fix it? As OSX is where I do all my graphical work, I need as natural image as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Make sure the resolution is set to the monitors native resolution. It may be too low.

OP
J
Reaction score
Make sure the resolution is set to the monitors native resolution. It may be too low.

It's set to it's native 2560x1080 resolution, but at 53Hz insted of it's native 60Hz. This for actually getting to display that resolution. But I have the same problem at 1920x1080 at 60Hz, so I don't know. The aspect ratio is not stretched, and it views the image as it should aspect-wise.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.