Retrofit for older G5's?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IBM PCjr, 4.77 MHz Intel 8088, 640K RAM, 5.25" Floppy, Basic Cartridge, PC DOS 2.11
Do you think there will be a retrofit for the remote control and front row software for older G5's? I've installed Front row using Andrew Escobar's enabler application, but I am still lacking the remote which would make it so much better.

With Apple selling the universal remote's, I would think it would just be a matter of time before they offer a retrofit kit to add an IR reciever, etc or just give the new Dock/remote the same ability.

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
No, they will probably not sell a retrofit but you can use a BT cellphone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Yeah, I saw the Apple "universal remote" at Circuit City, looks just like the one on my wife's iMac Core Duo. I believe Front Row is now available for all Macs, so we won't be needing Front Row enabler anymore. I'm sure someone will come out with a USB IR adapter for older Macs, if not Apple...or else someone will figure out a way to hack an existing model to talk to it. Just give it time :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.