web design program

Reaction score
I've recently bought Lightroom 5 to make use of the excellent new features it provides. Firstly, my iMac with OS 10.6 didn't support it, so I had to upgrade. Having chosen to "upgrade" to Mavericks on my Macbook, which is AWFUL, I decided to go for OS 10.8 instead.

The problem is that I now find that my copy of Dreamweaver is not compatible. I am not prepared to spend nearly £300 on a newer version, so am now looking for a cheaper alternative for maintaining my web site.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
This all depends on what you need out of an HTML editor. If you're looking for WYSIWYG editors, check out this list. If you just need text support, there are apps such as TextMate, TextWrangler, Atom, etc.

OP
R
Reaction score
I tend to use the Design window in Dreamweaver, keeping an eye on the HTML, by using the split screen.

I'm not interested in Blogs or any other esoteric web thingies, I just want to be able to maintain my existing web site in the most sensible way. Before I turned to Macs, I used FrontPage.

So, the simplest WYSIWYG editor that can also allow me to edit HTML is what I'm looking for - in fact Dreamweaver under another name but at a fraction of the cost!! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.