Best Web Hosting Site & Website Building Software for a Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Coming on to this late, as I have just joined Mac Rumours ... er, Rumors ... in Jan 2015. Good to hear this, because I am applying for a job that asks for samples of my work to be placed online if at all possible. I have owned my own domains (both .com and .ca) for years, but never got a Web page up, largely because I'm not clear what i want to display/sell/offer. But here is such a purpose. I find i-stuff too proprietary--for example, to put up a Youtube movie using photos, they must come through iPhoto, which I normally avoid using. Just now I opened up iWeb and it asked me if it could use my confidential data in my keychain. I ... guess? Not sure I like it, but what are they taking? So I'd like to use other, and have considered GoDaddy. I'd prefer a company in Canada, but I would like quick help response times.

Reaction score
Just a bump for this thread...

BlueGriffon
http://bluegriffon.org/
was just updated a couple of months ago. And it's still FREE. I tried it using El Capitan, and the two get along together fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.