iDVD and "incorrect disk" error

Reaction score
I had a video I wanted to burn on a DVD disk that could be played on a standard player. I used iDVD7/10.6.8/iMac. Imported the video, and burned the disk. That disk plays fine on my Panasonic DVD player. No complaints. That *same disk* gives me an "incorrect disk" error on my Toshiba LCD TV (with internal DVD drive). BTW, that disk also plays fine on my Mac with DVD Player

What's going on?? How can I diagnose this? I'd really like to make a usable disk that doesn't depend on which player I use.

OP
D
Reaction score
I should have added that the Toshiba machine works fine with commercial disks. Oh, and I'm using DVD-Rs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Not all DVD players will recognise home made dvds, so that maybe your problem.. There's obviously not a problem with the dvd, as it plays in the Panasonic player.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.