New iMac on Friday!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP: 2gig CD
Hey everyone,

I'm pulling the trigger and getting the new 27" iMac with 1TB Fusion Drive on Friday. I've already own both the first generation all aluminum and first-gen Unibody MBP's for going on 10 years so I generally know the ins and outs of keeping them running.

My question is should I do anything specific to keep up with maintenance on the Fusion drive. I currently run Onyx on my MBP that I swapped an SSD in so I'm wondering if that's still a good idea. Also, is the TRIM enabler needed on this Fusion drive?

I'm also buying an couple external Macally or Newertech enclosures (suggestions on which to choose?) to house a 2 or 3TB WD Drive to house backups and music.

Accessories for purchase include griffin powermate, new speakers (leaning towards AudioEngine A2+), and anything else you guys could recommend will be taken into consideration.

Thanks in advance everyone.

-Sukh

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.