File Removal

Reaction score
Apart from moving an .app file to the trash, is there a way to remove the leftover files. With my PC, I used Revo Uninstaller. Is there utility comparable for OS X? I'm running Mavericks on my 24" iMac.

Any thoughts on the subject will be appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
There are a dozen or so out there, with varying degrees of features and "thoroughness" in doing their job. My personal favorite is AppCleaner. It does a pretty good job; can optionally monitor your Trash and will offer to delete any associated files it finds for apps that get trashed; and it's free. The key limitation is that it only works on the user account you are logged in on, a common limitation of all but a couple that I know of. I personally don't care for the feature to monitor the Trash, so I took advantage of a couple features of OS X and made myself a keyboard shortcut that sends an app to AppCleaner rather than the Trash and use that if I know I'm done with the app.

pbd

Reaction score
Does this work with apps that have already been deleted and perhaps not in a clean way? It's just that I am new to Mac and I have deleted a few via Trash (probably less than a handful though). I have just downloaded it and will wait for further comments before installing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.