Macbook Black Mini-DVI port to Monitor cable problems.

Reaction score
Help!? :Shouting:

My MacBook Black's Logic Board is malfunctioning, while my LCD has been loosing pixels ever so slowly. However, because of the logic board malfunction - after startup the LCD goes black! I don't have the money to replace it with a refurbished logic board - or if there is anything cheaper/faster I can do in the mean time. :Angry:

So, I've decided to try 2 different Monitors. One is the new Apple Flatscreen which has a laptop power chord, USB and what I found out to be a Thunderbolt male connector. But they don't make a Thunderbolt to Mini-DVI adaptor from my research. Or do they? I'd really like to use this new monitor, because all of my Data is on my MacBook Black!! :Smirk:

The second alternative is an older Apple Monitor with a DVI male connector, except I was told it is a computer! It's the old 2" rounded edged flat screen - so I'm not sure if it's just a monitor or also a computer!? The only connector it has is that DVI. Would I be able to get a DVI to Mini-DVI adaptor and just use this as a Monitor or is it truly a computer? How do I find out if it is a computer? :Lips-Are-Sealed:

Thank you!
,Gaberade :Smirk:

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Are you thinking about purchasing one of the two monitors you mentioned…to use with your black MacBook. Or do you already own them?

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.