10.2.8 - Find Files ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16GHzIC2D/1GB/120 OSX 10.5 , A bunch of other macs, iPod Mini Orig. 4G iPod Video 30Gb
hi guys i have a small problem cuz i cant remeber something. hope fully some one can help me.

I need to convert all my music files for a friend on my mac. itunes has arranged them in the music folder as default. Artist, album then the song files.

i need to copy the actual song files individually to a folder on the desktop. is there any way i can search the itunes music folder just to find all my songs at once and then just drag and drop.

otherwise i have to through about 1000 folders to find the individual files.

ive forgotten how to do this..

thanks everybody

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
You should be able to make a folder on the desktop called whatever, open iTunes, do a cmd+a on your library and drag it to that folder.

(or cmd+a, cmd+c, cmd+v)

That will do a copy.

OP
Pattay
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16GHzIC2D/1GB/120 OSX 10.5 , A bunch of other macs, iPod Mini Orig. 4G iPod Video 30Gb
i know
but my library is 2 big and i dont want to go though like 10 songs at a time to copy them. like i already tried what you said and i just doesnt do it cuz its like 2 much
im only runnin a G3

is there any other way

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
Maybe I'm being nosey but what could you be benefiting from copying your songs to a folder on the Dsktop?

And what do you mean "convert" all your music files?

There may be a way to do what you want but if you're worried about what your G3 can do than perhaps you're just sunk.

The iTunes copy I mentioned can be done in smaller chunks,...say 100-500 songs at a time, or by artists a-d and e-g and so on.

If you are just transfering to another media or across a network you're better off doing it right from you're iTunes Library folder. That way you don't need to perform the move twice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.