Garage Band Voice Chaning

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
Hello, I make my own tracks on garage band alot but dont know how to personalize them with my name, i was going to record my voice and make it sound different like speeded up or slow motion or even like a robot voice, does ANYONE know how this can be done.

Thanks

WizzKid

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 - iPod Touch - iPod Video (30GB) - iPod Shuffle 2nd Gen - Airport Extreme&Express
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
WizzKid said:
Hello, I make my own tracks on garage band alot but dont know how to personalize them with my name, i was going to record my voice and make it sound different like speeded up or slow motion or even like a robot voice, does ANYONE know how this can be done.

Thanks

WizzKid

If I get your question, there are two. First just click on the track name and change it to what ever you want. You can change the icon in the details sections. As for transforming the voice In GB 3 double click the track or click the "i" with track highlighted. you can then changes the details. You can add effects, and other things.

daryl

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sorry dont understand you, i want to record my voice and change it to say a robots or something!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
WizzKid said:
sorry dont understand you, i want to record my voice and change it to say a robots or something!!!

Highlight the track of your vioce, click the info button next to the media browser button. Click details at the bottom. There are two sections (not sure what they are called I am on my pc) You will see settings for things like amps, chorus etc, there is a setting called voice transformer. Play with that.

bone

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for that :D but does anyone know of any program that would let my record my voice in robot or alien or any kind of different voice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Read through the previous answer: He tells you to do exactly what you want... "Whizzkid".

You can record a vocal track with all these funky voice effects on them... robot, alien, 50year old man, you name it!

OP
WizzKid
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wheres the media browser

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
My thoughts exactly ;)

Whizzkid:

In the menu select Help-> Garageband help, and start reading ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.