Removing Hidden User data from MacBook Pro

Reaction score
I've recently upgraded to a new MacBook pro and was deleting my user information on my old MacBook pro so I could re-gift it. I created a new Admin User and choose my user Data to delete. I selected 'Secure Delete' and foolishly turned off the computer before it had finished. It had been deleting overnight and I thought it was stuck not realising it would take so long. Now when I start the MacBook as the new admin user, it tells me 350GB of the 500GB hard drive is in use but I can't find it anywhere. Myself as the old user is not visible. Is the quickest option to erase the entire drive and reinstall from the back up? Or does someone know where I can find it to delete. It's OS 10.9.4. Thanks for reading.

Reaction score
Personally I would wipe and reinstall. Whoever got the Macbook 'could' use data recovery software and access whatever data is left.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.