I need help with RAM upgrade for my 2008 unibody MacBook Aluminum

Reaction score
I have a 2008 MacBook Aluminum. Not the Pro. I am looking to upgrade it to the max RAM. I am hoping to find some RAM chips that will be compatible on E-Bay for no more than around 40.00 or so. (I have seen plenty of RAM that are 2x4 GB for this price.) I just have no idea what to search for, what will be compatible, etc. Please message me with any help. Thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
We already sort of covered this in your other SSD thread. Your MacBook has an 8gig of ram max. (with the proper bootrom update).

From trusted suppliers like macsales.com & Crucial…an 8gig ram upgrade would cost around $104 dollars. These two suppliers usually have pretty good prices.

So $40 bucks for an 8gig ram upgrade via eBay I would be very very wary about. In fact…you can't even get a 4gig ram upgrade (2 x 2gig) for less than around $50 from macsales or Crucial.

Not all ram is the same. You may have seen plenty of ram (2 x 4gig) for $40 on eBay…but it may not be the correct ram…or compatible ram.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.