Beachball When I Save/Add Attachment

Reaction score
Hey All-
Got a slight problem--whenever I go to save a file (ie. Word, etc.) or adding an attachment...the computer shows me the beach ball for approximately 30 seconds and then it finally opens the window for me to either choose the location to save the item..or the location to choose where the file is located that I want to attach.

A friend of mine said it may not be indexing. I've repaired permissions. I don't think I need more RAM since I have 512 MB and it even does it when I just have the program I am using open. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
youthpastor said:
Hey All-
Got a slight problem--whenever I go to save a file (ie. Word, etc.) or adding an attachment...the computer shows me the beach ball for approximately 30 seconds and then it finally opens the window for me to either choose the location to save the item..or the location to choose where the file is located that I want to attach.

A friend of mine said it may not be indexing. I've repaired permissions. I don't think I need more RAM since I have 512 MB and it even does it when I just have the program I am using open. Does anyone have any advice for me?
I'd leave Activity Monitor on and see what exactly is using so much CPU power that it slows down your system like that.

OP
youthpastor
Reaction score
It does it even when I just have the one program open that I am using. It acts like the computer needs to time to bring everything together so it knows where the folders are exactly at. Because a few seconds later it will bring up the dialog box allowing me to save....it is just painfully slow! Please HELP!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.