Access itunes library / folder with music from browser

Reaction score
So I'd like to play my music, from another computer. Is there an app to let me access my itunes library or a music folder of choice from another browser, or anything to acomplish this?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Google Play Music does exactly what you just described. It will mirror your iTunes library online, letting you access it from anywhere. You can even install the app and stream your music from an iPhone/iPod Touch (unfortunately, they don't offer an iPad version yet).

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
To stream Google' music library, yes, you need to pay for a subscription. To upload and stream your own music (up to 20,000 songs I believe), you don't.

I just remembered that GPM is only available in some countries. You'll have to check to see if it's available where you are.

C

chas_m

Way simpler option: turn on sharing in iTunes, then open iTunes on any other computer in your household that's on the same network and oh look, there's your shared library.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Way simpler option: turn on sharing in iTunes, then open iTunes on any other computer in your household that's on the same network and oh look, there's your shared library.

Way simpler IF your at home.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.