Logitech MX510 >> Front and back buttons >> no worky :(

N

notoriousformul

hey guys, I'm using Logitech MX 510 on Mac OS 10.4.5.. I remember using the same mice on Windows XP Pro and Forward/back(for webpage browsing) buttons worked flawlessly without any drivers.. But they seem to be dormant in Mac OS :(.. Do i need special Logitech drivers to run them?

please help.

OP
N

notoriousformul

aww.. I don't wanna run a memory hog driver running in the back :(.. I'll give it a try tho. thanks.

OP
N

notoriousformul

alright, Installed the Logitech MX510 control center thing.. I can assign diff functions like keystroek, cruise, open app, etc etc.. But no flip web pages back and forth option.. Oh c'mon! thats what those buttons were invented for.. Logitech sucks! :mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
i use the mx310 and have the buttons assigned just fine. it took a little tweaking though. for the forward and back buttons for browsing you want to assign keystrokes.....
this may be weird to explain and if you need help i can just take a screen shot of how i have it set up on my logitech control screen

for browsing back a page assign the keystroke of the apple button (to the left of the space bar) and the [ key

lemme know if that made any sense. :dummy:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.