Problem with keychains

Reaction score
A few days ago I installed samsung kies on my macbook pro. After installing it I started getting all kinds of pop ups related to keychain. I can not seem to get it to stop. I went into the keychains under utilities and locked them, it unlocks itself then I get another pop up (lack of better terminology) and I am asked for a password, I put in the only password I use, it goes away then randomly comes back. I have them related to safari, calendar, address book etc. I have taken a few screen shots to show a few of the messages I get.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Doubly sure you download the Mac version and not Windows?

If so go to this link for live chat for help with your problem. Good luck on finding someone who can help with a Mac:-

Kies | Samsung AU

OP
A
Reaction score
Yep 100% sure. I uninstalled the program and I still have this issue. Ugh

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you try to repair your keychain? Take a look at this article which teaches how to make repairs to the keychain. If that doesn't work, you might have to reset it. Also... make sure you have completely removed Kies although I have never heard of it acting that way.

OP
A
Reaction score
Ok So I used the repair function, if I say log out of this forum and refresh the page I still get the "safari wants to use the login keychain password message. Seriously what is going on?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
A
Reaction score
ok so what are the down sides to resetting the keychain? Can someone please explain to me why I would keep getting these messages about login, etc? I guess in simple terms what is OS X trying to accomplish?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.