Changing Video Frame Rate Open Source software

Reaction score
I've downloaded video clips from YouTube and want to slow the clips' frame rate, then save the modified clip as mp4 and burn to DVD. Does anyone know how I can achieve this, using (preferably) free Open Source video editing software, please?.

I purchased VideoPad and the "selection" (slowed clip) can be saved as mp4 BUT it will not burn to DVD using (purchased) "4Media DVD Creator.

Thank you for any advice you can give.

Sincerely, PaulRanger1.

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
What happens when you tried to complete the burn. If you were able to save the modified (slowed down) mp4 file it should have been possible to burn the file. What exactly goes wrong? Does the disk not play at all or simply not play in a standalone DVD player?

OP
PaulRanger1
Reaction score
Hello SlyDude,

The clip burnt this time around. I've tried 3 times now to type an explanation to you but this Mac Forums page keeps switching the response entry page to a sponsor's advert page where all my reply text is lost, every time. I then have to start typing all over again, only for this page to switch to the advertiser's page AGAIN. Sorry.

Is this a problem for the Mac Forums Webmaster to resolve perhaps?

Warm regards, PaulRanger1.

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
No problem Glad you got that sorted out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.