Pics fro iphone to ipad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
I am on vacation, so I have no access it my computer. But I do have my ipad and all the different connect cables. After a day of taking pictures with my iphone, as does my wife with her iphone, I like to copy them over to my ipad. I have the camera connect kit from apple and have never had a problem connect my phone or wife's. This time, however, I get the message on my wife's iphone that I can't use the device as it is not supported. I tried all kinds of searching to get some answers or help from apple communities, but all I saw was snarky comments, etc. so I ask here, my go to site for honest and trustworthy answers. What could be happening?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm assuming what you want to do is transfer all the photos taken with your iPhones on to your iPad? Why do you need the camera connection kit? Can't you sync the photos to your iPad via iCloud Photo Stream?

Follow these instructions.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There is no wifi in the house I am renting and I don't like using public wifi ( ipad is only wifi ). Uploading to cloud using my data link is next step. Interestingly, I just happened to try connecting again this morning and the import succeeded. Now I am filled with even more questions. Why would it now work when yesterday it would not?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why would it now work when yesterday it would not?

Hard to say.... could be anything from a bad connection to Gremlins. :p However, keep in mind that when you do get back home and have WiFi there's no need to use the camera connection kit. Just follow the instructions above. I do my transfers that way and it's simple and fast. ;)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Chscag,
When at home, my pic transfers are to imac. Just like to have backups when on vacation
Thanks for your help and advice

C

chas_m

For me, iCloud is set up to automatically send a copy of every photo taken on the iPhone or iPad to the other device as well as the Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.