ibook G4 just did something really weird

B

bbgriff44

hey guys,

I was using my ibook and all of a sudden the screen went black. It isn't my battery, I know that. What's weird is that it isn't completely black. You can barely make out images on the screen but you definately can't read anything. Also, we have a wireless internet connection and the same thing happened to my roomates windows computer less thana month ago. Any ideas on what's wrong with my baby? Should I be worried about the security of my wireless connection?

Thanks,

B

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What model iBook is this? New? Older? It sounds like a Backlight problem, but on a new machine it should not be bad already.

Reaction score
That sounds like a backlight problem...... try plugging an external monitor into the iBook and see if you get an output. I think if you don't, then it could be a logic board problem, but if you do get an output, I think it's a backlight issue,

OP
B

bbgriff44

It's an older ibook. So if it's a backlight problem, what do I need to do to fix it? Thanks guys!

Reaction score
To be honest I don't know. I don't know how much it'd cost to get it fixed, or where you'd get it done. I'm sure someone on here knows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Basically find an apple service partner near you, get them to take a look and give you an estimate...
If you feel up to this sort of repair yourself, check out pbfixit.com for more info on parts and actual installation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.