made my website in 2009 on a mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, Snow Leop. OS
Hi all, I made my business website in 2009-2010 on my mac when it provided web programs. I want to now remove my site from the internet. Any suggestions as where to start??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi all, I made my business website in 2009-2010 on my mac when it provided web programs. I want to now remove my site from the internet. Any suggestions as where to start??

Uh, the people you are paying to host it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As life points out, if you don't pay 'em off it will go.

C

chas_m

You can also use an FTP program to log into the area where you uploaded the website files and delete them.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If it is a true business site and you had customers/clients or whatever, you might want to replace the front page with a "Going away" or something message to indicate that you are closing down.

Once that's done , you can then go to your hosting provider and end your account. Then go to your domain registrar (usually your hosting provider unless you explicitly went with someone else) and ensure that your domain is not set to renew. You can also point the domain to something while it gets decommissioned, but it isn't immediate..

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, Snow Leop. OS
Thanks to all. I was going to start with Go Daddy, but deleting my pages with an FTP program is what was stumping me. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.