It's here! (pictures included)

OP
M

Meddie600rr

Going2fast said:
DAMM people ive gotta wait till the 5th April for mine.
Can not wait :D im new to MAC so hopefully be ace :D

This is my first mac and I haven't had any problems at all with it. Ive used XP for the last 6 or 7 years, but this is pretty straight forward and ridiculously fast. Granted I haven't been doing much other than iTunes, AIM, and Safari.

OP
S

scholzie23

my dad is getting one. What do u think are the best parts of the new system.

OP
M

mactopsuit

Does anyone know how much wider the Macbookpro's screen is VS aluminium powerbook? Does it also have a brighter screen than the Powerbooks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
How does Front Row run on that puppy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS
macian said:
Mine arrived yesterday. 1.83 with 1 gig of ram. Migration assitant moved everything over in about 40 minutes and with a quick restart everything was working perfectly. You have to love that about Macs, from pressing the power key I reckon the whole thing took about 50 minutes at most to be fully installed with all my software, all photos and music transferred.

The screen is fantastic and once spotlight has indexed all your stuff the Universal apps absolutely fly. Itunes is now up in 0.5 bounces and iphoto scrolls my 3000 photos with no trouble at all.

Callibrating the battery this weekend but 3 hours seems about an average time from what i can see and what i've been reading.

Just got mine, question: Should I reinstall my software again? Illustrator, Photoshop and Office are what I am thinking, or will they work fine after the migration... everything seems slugish, but I haven't put in my other gig stick of Ram (waiting for it to arrive).

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
LastZion said:
Just got mine, question: Should I reinstall my software again? Illustrator, Photoshop and Office are what I am thinking, or will they work fine after the migration... everything seems slugish, but I haven't put in my other gig stick of Ram (waiting for it to arrive).

Do remember that anything Adobe runs on an Emulator till Adobe makes their applications Universal applications. If the Adobe stuff runs a bit slow, that is probably the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
dtravis7 said:
Do remember that anything Adobe runs on an Emulator till Adobe makes their applications Universal applications. If the Adobe stuff runs a bit slow, that is probably the problem.

Yup... That's exactly why I will have to wait for Adobe CS3 before I get a MBP... Adobe apps not running at full speed really isn't an option for me.

OP
C

cellculturist

you guys, i dont want to ruin your little celebration about the macbooks, but they still have lots of bugs to fix, i'm waaiting for the new pbooks/mbooks to come out in april/july. if you use your comp a lot, you'll find that the intel processors still have stuff to be worked out. if you can, just wait, it'll be worth it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
does it come with microsoft office programs (excel, word etc.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.