• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I'm in Timeout

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina
Sorry I haven't been around but I have been working on my husband's Veteran's Benefit case! After four years I'm beginning to be hopeful. I got the info off to a Senator's Office this morning. I've also been switching medical suppliers (UGH Medicare) Got that done and if nothing terrible happens I will be off to the lake until Monday. Here's hoping the fish are biting. I will checkin and contribute as I can!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi GrannySue - hope you the best w/ sorting out your husband's benefits case - I'm recently retired from the medical profession and the paperwork & regulations were becoming unbearable.

Good luck fishing! :) Wife & I are off to the mountains in a few days, i.e. Asheville, NC - staying at the Inn on Biltmore (an easy walk to their winery, so planned to do some tasting) and good eating!

As usual, will visit the fabulous Biltmore House (as shown below) - Dave

Biltmore-Estate.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It ain't the easy walk to the winery that is the problem Dave. It is that unsteady uphill track back! And Granny trust you are more successful than dealing with our Deprtment of Veteran Affairs financed under an ultra right wing, archaic, conservative government.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
It ain't the easy walk to the winery that is the problem Dave. It is that unsteady uphill track back! And Granny trust you are more successful than dealing with our Deprtment of Veteran Affairs financed under an ultra right wing, archaic, conservative government.

Hi Harry - on our first stay @ the Inn years ago, we walked down the hill, did a wine tasting, bought a case of wine, and walked uphill to the hotel - I was pooped! My wife laughed - so now, we buy our wine and then they shuttle the case (or two) back to our hotel room - much more pleasant! Dave :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
And Granny trust you are more successful than dealing with our Deprtment of Veteran Affairs financed under an ultra right wing, archaic, conservative government.

Believe me Harry, it makes no difference whether our government is ultra right wing conservative or ultra left wing liberal, the US Veteran's Affairs department has been in a sorry state for many years. The president just nominated the ex CEO of Proctor and Gamble to be its next Secretary. We shall see how well he does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

I know exactly what you mean. BUT, it comes down to who you know and where you are. For instance, when I was in the Eastern States, it took so long to get anything done, with a lot of Vets living over there, but when I moved West, the home of the SAS, within 8mths of being here, I accomplished more and received more help, than I did in the 15yrs in the Eastern States.
I even now have my own Rep, that I can ring, email anytime I have a issue, and she will answer within hrs. She also, pushes me to put more forms in to claim more, because thats her job, but when I was in the East, I didn't even know these people existed, let alone having someone from MCG/DVA help me get more from the Government that abandoned me when I discharged.

@Granny, good on ya, keep pushing, and never take NO for a answer.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK Granny.... what I want to know is who cleaned all those fish? ;P Great photos and nice catch by the way! I've never had the patience or the time to be any kind of a fisherman. Where did you learn all that?

OP
GrannySueSnaps
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina
@chscag No cleaning--I put them back in! I'm in it for the thrill of the catch. I've been fishing for almost 50 years. Back when I was a little girl I used to dig up the worms and get my grandpa to take me fishing. I'm a little addicted! We have a little place on a State Park lake so I'm usually out on our dock between 5 and 6am then I don't fish during the heat but start back around 8pm until midnight. But I have a lot of things I enjoy so it's hard to find enough time to do it all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well Sue old fisherwomen and like old fishermen ~ they never die!

Just smell that way!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.