Creating a Watermark

Reaction score
I'm new within the forums AND with Apple and its products. Can you tell me how to add a watermark to my photos?

I will also need to remove this watermark at a later point in time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Welcome to the forum.

It really helps if you can add someinfo about which Mac you have and which version of OSX. It gives us a bit of a starting place for giving you more helpful responses.
There are numerous tools and applications for image editing, including watermarking. It's hard to advise fully without having a bit of background in what your doing and why you want a watermark etc.

But I'd suggest something like Photoshop Elements is a good investment if you're doing a lot of photo work. But your Mac comes with iPhoto bundled. There's a free plugin from here:
BorderFX - Home that can add watermarks.

The purpose of watermarking is to stop the image being re-used or tampered with. So removal is not an option. When watermarking I'd suggest you create a duplicate, watermark that for distribution etc and keep the original safe for yourself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.