• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Flash 8 Update & Safari

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini G4 1.25ghz 1gb Ram
I've just downloaded and installed the Flash 8.0 plugin, as various sites keep requesting I have this latest version. But now the site that I just specifially downloaded it to view still says I need to upgrade if I try and view it in Safari? It works in Firefox, but the mac firefox isn't quite good enough in my opinion for me to switch yet.

Any ideas? The site I'm trying to view is www.meek.tv

Reaction score
Site works fine for me. What version of X/Safari are you using?

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Strange...What have I done wrong?!

I'm running Safari Version 2.0.3 (417.8)
on
OS X 10.4.5

I don't think I can of done anything wrong during upgrade install as that site works in Firefox. Just also tried re-starting computer but that didn't work?

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Don't know if this may be an indicator of the problem, but if go to Safari's help menu, and look at the installed plugin menu I get an entry for two versions of "Shockwave Flash:

Shockwave Flash 7.0 r14 — from file “Shockwave Flash NP-PPC”.

then further down:

Shockwave Flash 8.0 r22 — from file “Flash Player.plugin”.

Reaction score
That might be it...both of mine are 8.0 r22
Try reinstalling?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.