Migration problem

Reaction score
Unfortunately I interrupted migration of information from my MacBook Pro to my new iMac. Now they don't see each other on the wifi network or when hard wired. Suggestions and solutions appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's not the best way to migrate data anyway. Your iMac when first turned on will automatically display the Migration Assistant and ask if you have data from another Mac you wish to transfer. Your full Time Machine backup of your MacBook Pro when attached to the iMac will transfer everything over including your old account. The only thing we warn you about doing it this way is to be sure you do not create an account on the new iMac first.

All the above to suggest you start over and do it the right way. You may have to erase the hard drive on the new iMac and re-install Mavericks to make it work though. In other words, get the iMac back to factory fresh.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.