First Release VS Update

Reaction score
Hi, i'm almost finished developing my first app (very basic) and i've looked at a few YouTube videos which show you how to submit your app to the App Store (which seems fine but overly complicated).

QUESTION
- when you release a new version / update for your app (minor bug fixes), what process is involved in rolling out the new update... is it as demanding as submitting the app itself at the start?

Thanks in advance for your help.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
(which seems fine but overly complicated).
Yes, yes it is.

- when you release a new version / update for your app (minor bug fixes), what process is involved in rolling out the new update... is it as demanding as submitting the app itself at the start?
You just upload a new version through iTunes Connect. As with the initial release, it'll go through evaluation and if it's accepted, it'll replace the current version you have up.

OP
O
Reaction score
Ok cool, thanks, but do you need to fill out 101 forms and upload and assign certs again?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
No, you just build your update and submit it through Application Loader. You'll also have to fill in the iTunes Connect forms for the new version (the one with the application info).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.