Can't log into AD Domain OSX Maverick

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have configured an iMac to bind to our enterprise domain (it's the first mac). It sees the domain, security groups and domain users without a problem. The issue is that I can't find the right configuration options within the "login options" section of system prefs to allow users to log into the iMac using their AD Domain credentials (including my own which is a member of the domain admins group). I just get the "bad credentials" shake at the prompt. I have used domain\username and password as well as just username and password trying different domain user accounts. I am not using any 3rd party domain software like Centrify on the W2008 Domain server. I'd love to get this to work!!
tnx...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
If you've bound the iMac then you would have authenticated once correct? Is there a computer account in AD for the iMac?

Is the iMac using the AD server as its DNS server? Can you successfully ping the FQDN?

The only login option you might want in the User Account preference is after you've logged in with a domain account there is an option to allow the domain account to be a local administrator. Otherwise you may be referring to the Directory Utility settings. In which case you may want to utilize the auto mapping of the AD home directory if applicable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.