Attachments to Apple Mail - low resolution

Reaction score
If I try to put a saved scan document, or pdf onto my Apple mail documents, they are often times less than half size, and very low resolution. If I do a document scan, and save it to Pictures file, or one of my files, they look fine when I just open to view them, but if I use the attachments button from the Mail program, or if I drag them from my file onto the letter, they are very small, and terrible. My only way to send these has been to open a Word document, drag the file onto word, then from word I drag it onto the mail message. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks

M

MacInWin

Are you talking about the in-line display of the attachment? If so, the image is reduced to fit in the email format, but when you extract it to use it, it comes back to full size. Try this: do what you have been doing to use the button or drag direction to Mail, not using Word, then double click on the "terrible" image and see what happens when it opens.

BTW, what version Mail? What version OSX? What model Mac? We need that information to really be of any use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Also make sure your photos are set up to be sent actual size. There's a drop-down menu in the new message window that lets you choose different sizes to send your photos in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.