mail failure

Reaction score
I can read but can't send thru mail icon: server cannot be contacted on default ports

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina
it sounds like the outgoing mail port settings aren't correct. What type of mail account do you have? gmail, etc

OP
B
Reaction score
email ports

I have actts with gmail and yahoo. They work fine if I log into Safari, but not when using the eagle mail icon. i should add that I can read the mails fine, just can't send.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina
I have a Yahoo account due to having bellsouth.net email address. Anytime i have to set it up on a new device it takes forever to find the correct settings. This last time i was getting messages but couldn't send.
I would suggest you search to see if the port settings may have been changed by your provider.

Reaction score
I know I'm a month later, but what do I do for a port search, and what do I do afterwards?

I have related issues with yahoo mail on various apple products (iMac, mactop, iPads, iPhones). I can log in through safari, but I have "password" problems where suddenly I need an app password, and even with that, the problem re-arises.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I know I'm a month later, but what do I do for a port search, and what do I do afterwards?

I have related issues with yahoo mail on various apple products (iMac, mactop, iPads, iPhones). I can log in through safari, but I have "password" problems where suddenly I need an app password, and even with that, the problem re-arises.

Hi Propita - I would suggest starting a new thread since you likely will not receive much attention, if any, by hijacking another older thread. Also, please provide more specific information about your situation: 1) Mail accounts (Yahoo is mentioned - any others); 2) Problems experienced w/ mail (incoming, outgoing, both); and 3) More thorough description of your 'password' issues. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.