• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

The Apple Clickbait Generator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I got a kick out of this. Refresh the page, and you'll get a randomly generated rant that mimics the seemingly endless articles by various pundits predicting how Apple has lost it, is doomed, etc etc.
http://www.kirklennon.com/x/generator.html

It reminds me of another similar gag.... Scott Pakin's automatic complaint-letter generator. I plugged in a pal's name into that once; send him an IM saying someone was writing some awful stuff about him; and he went ballistic. LOL! Yeah... I can be mean.
Scott Pakin's automatic complaint-letter generator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina
Sounds to me like you have too much free time!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Careful now...hard to know if you're serious or joking without the use of some sort of emoticon.;):eek::):Smirk::p:Confused::(:D;D

I'm guessing you're kidding.:)

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Think to be fair to GrannySue the exclamation mark serves as an emoticon.

Whatever happened to the attempt to rid the world of emoticons? Remember the petitions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just Kidding! I waste more time during the day than I accomplish anything! That's what happens who you are re-tired! Besides I don't know now to show emotions on here yet! I have a very wicked sense of humor to be a Pastor's wife.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Think to be fair to GrannySue the exclamation mark serves as an emoticon.

Yes...but does the exclamation point mean something:

- good :)
- grumpy :(
- teasing ;)
- etc.

* Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was teasing of course. I'm sure there is some way that his creation could be used in a beneficial way. Annoying spouse, kids, parents? My kids are 39 and 41 and anything I can find to annoy them gives me great joy. I figure I have to get it all in before I pass on so it will last them.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Besides I don't know now to show emotions on here yet!

When you create a reply...there's a box to the right with a bunch of "smiley emoticons". You just need to click on them to insert them into a message (at the cursor location). Click on the "more" link in the box to see more emoticons.

Once you get the hang of it...you don't need to click on them...you can just use the keyboard equivalents. Such as:

: ) = :)
: ( = :(
; ) = ;)

I used a space between the colon and the parenthese so that the smiley wouldn't show. If using the keyboard shortcut...omit the space to get the emoticon.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Found my problem

I was doing quick replies, therefore the ;D did not show up! Now I know to use the Reply instead of quick reply! Get ready for lots of smiles!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
i was doing quick replies, therefore the ;d did not show up! Now i know to use the reply instead of quick reply! Get ready for lots of smiles!

Grin :D

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.

I troubleshoot other peoples' computer problems for a hobby. Of course I have too much free time on my hands. :Smirk:

P.S.: That website isn't my work. I don't have the talent for that sort of thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.