ipod 1st Gen stuck in recovery mode

Reaction score
I have an ipod touch first gen that was given to me by a friend ( she upgraded to a newer model) and when she gave it to me it was in recovery mode already and it is not allowing me to restore as new.please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina
Can you power it off and if so does it just continue recovery mode? Maybe let the battery run down and not charge it for 24 hours then charge it and see if it allows you to restore.

OP
M
Reaction score
yes I have powered it off and it still stays in recovery mode I have tried to plug it in to my itunes to update and recover as new but it will not allow me to recover as new it says that there is an error while it tries to extract the files

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try putting your iPod Touch in DFU mode (device firmware upgrade) to see if that brings it back to life. Follow these WiKi How instructions: LINK

Let us know if it works for you.

OP
M
Reaction score
I attemoted to put it DFU mode however it will not come out of recovery mode. Wow this is getting frustrating lol not you thank you for your help so far, I have never had this much of an issue in the past with any device and i am pretty handy with them. any more tips or tricks you can think of? I have already updated my itunes and my windows, I don't know where else to go
Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina
Maybe let the battery die and stay uncharged for 24 hours before you recharge it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.