• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New Ipod, New Ipod from MS and Intel Mini!

Reaction score
Hi well i have had a eye opening weekend.

Ms are preparing their own IPOD video...check out this suitable vague site

http://www.origamiproject.com

It will apparently do everything the new ipod (full video g6) will do and more.....

A firm who supplys Sony with PSP screens has halted production siting it had won a contract with a large American Computer company...Apple maybe?

Went online to order for a friend a mac mini and there is nothing on the site, the switcher links with the mac mini and digital nirvana link go to a dead url.

This leads me to beleive that the Mac Mini is the next in line for an Intel makover but whats more compelling is the news that itunes movies will be launched on the same day......so this could mean it will be a media pc......with all of the required enhacements. Who tomorrow cannot come quick enough.

S

somewhatmused

its freakin HUGEEEE forget that thing, id rather walk around with my ibook, its smaller.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad 32 GB 3G
It's being misreported. The Origami thing is most likely an ultraportable tablet PC or a wireless "web tablet". It can be used for music and video, but then again, just about any computer can as well. This thing isn't intended to be an "iPod killer", and MS isn't likely to be selling these anyways. They'll probably just set hardware standards like they do with the Pocket PCs. The source code for the Origami website says "Origami Project: the Mobile PC running Windows XP."

According to Scoble (whose sources at Microsoft are, of course, impeccable), Origami isn't an iPod killer, portable Xbox, OQO killer or PSP killer. So, what exactly is it? Coy boy Scoble isn't telling, though he says he's seen it, and that he'll buy one with his own money.
http://www.engadget.com/2006/03/06/scoble-i-have-seen-the-future-and-it-is-origami/

Microsoft and intel have been showing off prototypes for what are probably these things at tech shows for a couple of years now. It looks cool, but I very much doubt that MS will take up Steve's challenge and go head to head with Apple over the iPod. They already supply the OS for a number of mp3 players anyways, so in a sense they are already competing with the iPod (and losing).

Edit to add this link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/03/t...gin&adxnnlx=1141691523-KhGX3e4Dvyo4C52oQcPOPQ

More info from the New York Times.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Here me now People! The rising of the Origami Project have been predicted by generations within the PocketPC comunity, its advent announces the end of the PDA era and the beginning of the ultra portable PC era. It has no intention of attacking our old ways as it is not a PMP, but it will open the eyes of our great leader to anounce a tablet Mac or similar creation...
Anyway, the coffee was too strong... Battery life and size are the keywords here, it has no intention of being a PMP, the ideal market as allways is the corporate market.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4
looking good. Its kinda big...i mean you use both your hands...just as for a laptop. I rather use my laptop. But hey, always thumbs up for technology! it will be most useful for people on the move. Portability and battery life is a good factor.

Reaction score
It's not big at all!!!
Its a full fuctioning Windows XP machine, to replace tablets and laptops.
(Much smalle then thoses)

It runs XP tablet edition not a mobile PC like in PDA's it not to compare to the ipod, its a ultra mobile PC, i would like to have one of them rather then a laptop or tablet if i was on the go

Reaction score
Not very good for Apple that people are seeing iPod as a type of device and not a brand.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.