transfer music from iphone to mac

Reaction score
hi, i have a new macbook pro running mavericks, my old PC is dead and i cant acces it now, i have all my music( most of which not bought on itunes) on my iphone, now if i sync my iphone with itunes on my new MBP, it will erase everything of my iphone. please help me put all the messages and music from my iphone to mac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The safest way to transfer your music, videos, and other media from your iPhone or an iPod to a new Mac is to use third party software. There are several apps which can do that. One such app is "Wondershare Tunes Go" which you can download from here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
OP
S
Reaction score
all the softwares above are paid softwares, am just wondering if there is any free software. I mean senuti doesnt work for MAC iExplorer and wondershare are paid versions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Senuti sure does work on Macs and I've used the old version to salvage some users music several times several years ago.

It seems that the free version is available here:
Senuti -- Free Open Source GPL Version

I don't know if it still works on the latest iOS but why not give it a try.

PS: I thought I had read several post here that cautioned about using anything "Wondershare". I'm not sure what that's all about.

Maybe try a google search for other free suggestions for your problem.

C

chas_m

"Wondershare" and other similarly-named companies (ending mostly in -soft or -share, Microsoft obviously an exception) are front companies for Chinese spammers that make craptastic (but functional) PC-ported software for the Mac. Approach with GREAT caution.

C

chas_m

all the softwares above are paid softwares, am just wondering if there is any free software. I mean senuti doesnt work for MAC iExplorer and wondershare are paid versions.

There's no free software that *actually works* to correctly copy the music and metadata (playlists and other media, play counts, etc) from your old device to the new one that's free, at least that I know of.

The best one I've seen is now iExplorer, it's $35. If the music isn't worth spending that much, then make a list of the actual decent songs and buy them from iTunes (if you bought them previously from there, you can of course just re-download them for free on your new machine as long as you're using the same AppleID/iTunes account).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the info about "Wondershare" and their software Chas, now I wonder how the OP made out????

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There never has been a problem transferring music to your iPhone, iPod, or iPad from a Mac or a PC for that matter. That's what syncing does. However, the problem being discussed in this older thread is that you can not transfer music to your Mac from your iDevices without third party software. The program iExplorer does this easily but as noted is not free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The similar application iMazing, used to be DiskAid can also do such transfers etc. and is a bit cheaper and they were offering demo users a free upgrade version not too long ago, but I don't know if it's still available, so maybe a google search could help find one if it's available still.

Reaction score
hi, i have a new macbook pro running mavericks, my old PC is dead and i cant acces it now, i have all my music( most of which not bought on itunes) on my iphone, now if i sync my iphone with itunes on my new MBP, it will erase everything of my iphone. please help me put all the messages and music from my iphone to mac.
Unfortunately, there is no way for you to restore your music data. I would recommend that you save your music data on iCloud so that you can log in with the same iCloud account and ensure that all of your data is protected.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This thread is 7 years old and has long ago been settled. Please observe thread dates and solutions given before posting.

And welcome to Mac-Forums.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.