iPhoto not working

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac, iPhone 5, iPod Touch, iPad 2, iPad 3, 13" Macbook Pro (wife's)
Every time I open iPhoto (and its been only recently, maybe the last update is doing this?) I get a message saying "Your photo library is either in use by another application or has become unreadable" it goes on to tell me to "shut down and restart my computer, and then open iPhoto again. If the problem persists, try rebuilding your photo library. To do this, quit iPhoto, and then reopen it while keeping the Option and Command keys pressed. You can also try restoring your photo library from a backup."

I've shut the computer down 3 or 4 times now. I tried opening it with every other APP closed. I do not have time to rebuild my photo library. I have way to many pictures on there.

Oh and the APPLE forum I can't even get on. I keep getting an error

The page you tried was not found. You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly.

Please visit the main page of Apple Support Communities for links to discussion areas.

When I click on the link it keeps bringing me back to this same message. What the **** is APPLE doing!!!!! UGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you going here? It works for me just fine.

I've been trying all morning and into this afternoon and now they finally put up a message saying "We are busy updating Apple Support Communities for you and will be back shortly"

grrrrrrrr

At least I know its not me now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
I do not have time to rebuild my photo library.
Well you may have to take the time. It won't delete anything but may well get everything back to normal.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well you may have to take the time. It won't delete anything but may well get everything back to normal.

I literally may not have the time. I have stage 4 cancer and in the last few weeks a section of my liver started getting blocked and we don't know if we can unblock it. Yesterday the Radiologist could see about half the blockage on an ultrasound, but he couldn't see the other side. Something was in the way, probably a tumor. Don't know if the tumor was just in the way or its the tumor that is causing the blockage. I have approx 8 tumors throughout my liver. This is the first stage of the liver shutting down. If you don't know what happens when your liver shuts down, check the local cemeteries.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.