Bible Software

Reaction score
What is the best Bible App for Mac Book Pro? I used to use e-Sword on my pc, and I'm trying to find something similar for Mac.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What is the best Bible App for Mac Book Pro? I used to use e-Sword on my pc, and I'm trying to find something similar for Mac.

The best Bible applications for the Mac (and Windows) are going to be expensive. The ones that are free or inexpensive are very limited. I personally use Logos which you can read about here.

There is also Accordance.

QuickVerse now owned by WordSearch

M

MacInWin

I'm waiting for Laridian to finish the development of their PocketBible for OSX. I have PocketBible on my iPhone and iPad, and the OSX version is supposed to be able to sync notes/highlights/etc on all the devices. It should be out this year.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Logos which I own will already do that but I'm not impressed with their version for the iPhone. I usually wind up using the free "Blue Bible" on my iPhone, however, like some other free versions for iOS and Android you need either a fast WiFi connection or 4G LTE.

M

MacInWin

Well, I started with Laridian before smartphones, on a Dell Axim PDA. The nice thing about Laridian is that for the mobile devices the software is free, you pay for the books. But you only pay ONCE, so I was able to transfer all my books from the Dell Axim to the iPhone and then from iPhone to iPhone as I have upgraded. After all these years, I have a pretty good investment in Laridian books (Bibles, studies, maps, devotions, dictionaries, etc) so the OSX version is looking pretty sweet to me!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I understand. I started with Logos in Windows many years ago (Windows 3.0 version) and like you have accumulated a fairly large library. The nice thing about Logos is that all my licenses were able to be carried over to the Mac version and I can load it on as many Macs and PCs that I personally own.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.