how do I install windows 7 via a flashdrive/usb stick through bootcamp on a macbook p

Reaction score
I opened package contents on bookcamp assistant and deleted the pre usb thingy so then I get an option to put the windows 7 .iso on my flash drive.

I then moved on to selecting install windows 7, then portioned my HDD giving then windows part 140GB.

The macbook powered off/restarted to load windows up but a blank screen appeared stating ...no bootable drive found, even though my flash drive is in the macbook still.

well I have managed to get back to my macbooks desktop. The version of windows I downloaded is 32 bit could that be why it didn't work?

I am downloading a 64 bit version now.

Is there anyother reason why windows isn't booting up from my flash drive? should I try windows 8?

cheers.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is there anyother reason why windows isn't booting up from my flash drive? should I try windows 8?

You didn't give us any details about your Mac? However, if your Mac has an optical drive, you can not install Windows from a flash drive.

OP
R
Reaction score
You didn't give us any details about your Mac? However, if your Mac has an optical drive, you can not install Windows from a flash drive.

that will explain that then, my macbook is a Macbook pro 2011 (unibody)on OSX 10.8.5.

is there anyway to get around install from a disk or not?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, there are work arounds to install from a USB flash drive but you're going to have to dig them out with some good Googling. ;) And be sure to use the 64 bit version of Windows 7 so that it will use all your memory. Windows 8 is only 64 bit so no problem there.

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes, there are work arounds to install from a USB flash drive but you're going to have to dig them out with some good Googling. ;) And be sure to use the 64 bit version of Windows 7 so that it will use all your memory. Windows 8 is only 64 bit so no problem there.

is there a tutorial on how to make a disk and install windows that way via bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Here is how to burn the iso to a disk. How to burn ISO disc images - Mac OS X Hints
As to how to install using bootcamp there are several YouTube videos and other tutorials - just google them and pick the one that makes sense to you.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.