iTunes is beachballing

Reaction score
I am running iTunes on a Mac Pro running OS X Mavericks. It's worked fine until a few weeks ago.
I have a music collection of approximately 3000 songs and have a large collection of podcasts I subscribe to. It was originally set up to download podcasts for several episodes and I changed the setting to only download the most recent podcast. After I did this I decided to delete all episodes of each podcast other than the most recent. With my collection this was many but I highlighted all of them and then selected to delete them. I believe I did that by right clicking and select delete. That is when the problem started.
Now whenever I open iTunes it simply beachballs. I am not sure if it's simply locked up or is actually doing the work of deleting those podcasts. I have even let it run overnight hoping that it would be completed in the morning but I have woken up to find my computer locked up. It's obviously using up a massive amount of resources.
I use iTunes a lot and miss having it. Any idea of how I can fix this?
Thanks!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have a music collection of approximately 3000 songs and have a large collection of podcasts I subscribe to. It was originally set up to download podcasts for several episodes and I changed the setting to only download the most recent podcast. After I did this I decided to delete all episodes of each podcast other than the most recent. Any idea of how I can fix this?

Have you tried restarting/rebooting the computer?

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.