Office for Mac

Reaction score
Now that I have installed 2011 Office, I have a couple of issues that I can't seem to resolve.
1. In Excel I set up the toolbars the way I want them, with some commands removed and some added. But my Mac crashes on a regular basis and when it does my toolbars revert to original. How do I lock this in?
2. The fill colors are not the same as '08 and altho I was able to find a way to get my old colors back, I can not find that option again.
3. How do I get a command for " Paste Unformatted Text" in an icon? I can only get "Paste Special" and then get "Paste Unformatted Text" from inside the drop-down, would like it in ONE command.

OP
R
Reaction score
Now that I have installed 2011 Office, I have a couple of issues that I can't seem to resolve.
1. In Excel I set up the toolbars the way I want them, with some commands removed and some added. But my Mac crashes on a regular basis and when it does my toolbars revert to original. How do I lock this in?
2. The fill colors are not the same as '08 and altho I was able to find a way to get my old colors back, I can not find that option again.
3. How do I get a command for " Paste Unformatted Text" in an icon? I can only get "Paste Special" and then get "Paste Unformatted Text" from inside the drop-down, would like it in ONE command.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

If the toolbars and custom commands you setup in Excel or Powerpoint are not holding after you save them, then there's a problem with your installation of Office 2011. The toolbars and menus are saved to the Normal template in Word and should also hold.

Why is your Mac crashing on a regular basis? You need to solve that problem first, it seems.

I don't have Excel installed right now and can't offer any help in filling in colors. I know it's easy in Word by switching to publishing mode.

I don't believe there is a way to combine "Paste Special" and "Paste Unformatted Text" using one command.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, iPhone 5S, iPad Mini Retina
wish i could help but unfortunately the only thing i can suggest is go to Microsoft Office Support Troubleshooting".

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@Roger442:

Please do not crosspost or double post your question. It's not necessary to keep posting the same question over and over again. Just continue with the same thread or wait until you receive more answers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.