Help with downgrading my Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc on my Apple

Reaction score
Hi,
I am trying to downgrade my Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc from ICS to Gingerbread. I downloaded Flashtool and firmware but I dont know how to find "firmware files" on my Macbook.
What I need to do is to drop downloaded FTF file into the firmware folder.

Anybody know how to do it, please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi,
I am trying to downgrade my Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc from ICS to Gingerbread. I downloaded Flashtool and firmware but I dont know how to find "firmware files" on my Macbook.

If these where downloaded through Safari, check your Downloads Folder or the Folder you have selected for downloads to go to in Safari Preferences. Firmware Files won't miraculously go somewhere special, unless you have the "Open Safe Files" check marked in Safari Preferences General and down the bottom is the checkmark.

OP
K
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply mate.
I downloaded it with Google Chrome. When I go to downloads I can locate the file and then drag it to my desktop but there are no sub folders.If i click on it nothing else appears.
So I don't know how to find these firmware files.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about telling us exactly which file(s) was, or were downloaded. Firmware files are normally downloaded as binary executable and usually require a special flash loader - which you apparently say you already have.

Also, the firmware update might only be able to be applied from Windows. I've run into that before with printers and certain CD Rom drives.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Thanks for your reply mate.
I downloaded it with Google Chrome. When I go to downloads I can locate the file and then drag it to my desktop but there are no sub folders.If i click on it nothing else appears.
So I don't know how to find these firmware files.

Adding to what chscag above posted, what do you find if you right click it then in the Contextual Menu select Package Contents ?/ Skip through those files to see if there is anything noticeable.
But I'm more inclined to think what chscag posted about it being a .exe file

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.